Australians - Where are you all????

Quote:
What about if I fed them and they had little huts next to the lake to sleep in. Would that work?
I don't get animals unless I Know I can look after them really well. Im not going to get them then neglect them, I just don't know much about ducks. I thought they might like the lake
idunno.gif

Quote:
What about if I fed them and they had little huts next to the lake to sleep in. Would that work?
I don't get animals unless I Know I can look after them really well. Im not going to get them then neglect them, I just don't know much about ducks. I thought they might like the lake
idunno.gif

As long as they were locked up at night. They would love the lake.. But domestic ducks dont have the strong insincts like migratory wild ducks- nor do they spend as much time in the water. Just think chook that swims...what you do for the chooks...food water shelter- protection from parasites and predators... signs of ill health... ETC..its basically all the same...just ducks swim as well. oh....and they are so much cuter!
wink.png

Quote:
Aw, that's such a cute story! Thanks for sharing
smile.png

We didn't get to pick ours, the shop guy plucked them up out of the smattering in their brooder.
gig.gif

54191_dscf0458.jpg

54191_dscf0457.jpg

the new Guys!My Aussie Game Bantams,hatched yesterday, offspring of my little Reserve Champion Hen! 6 were born,but sadly 2 didn't make it,but these little guys are going strong. Future Champs! Don't they look as if they are discussing the news!

that's what I have been trying to figure out! I think that the patterns on the top of their heads are different,but I will have to get better acquainted with them first! They are funny little guys - I just love them at this age!
love.gif

Those chicks are simply gorgeous.....

Well Robert went to Rooster heaven this morning, now off to my local poultry place to pick up a new point of lay chicken for her. She promptly told me before she left for school the colour she wanted and its name will be "Daisy"..... deary me.. life goes on

Anyone eaten rooster????? want an idea on what it tastes like

Regards
Heather

Back
Top Bottom