Australians - Where are you all????

Quote:
I'd like to own Australorps. Sex-links get boring after a while.
tongue.png

My neighbours' Isas lay really small eggs. I don't know if that has to do with the breed or the fact that there are nine of them in a really small space.
th.gif
They have a smaller garden than us, most of which is taken up by a shed anyway, so not much space.

Isa Browns lay a large egg or they should do. Mine lay large brown eggs.

Mine have only been laying for about a month they started off small but have gradually gotten bigger each week because they are one of the breeds that lay nearly every day around 350 the first year, I am quite happy with them and they are great natured hens...

THE SADDLES ARE HERE, THE SADDLES ARE HERE
wee.gif

Lucky we left it a few more days till we moved out
ya.gif
they are SOOOOOO cute. Prepare for lots of photos of beautiful chickens wearing adorable saddles.

lol...Isnt it strange... I suddenly got 3 pieces of mail from overseas over the last two days. All sent at different times- 1 from Canada- and two from the States. Funny that things posted from so far and over two weeks all turned up the same time.

Wooklet- thanks for posting that. I read something about it on an Australian web site too- worrying information... I am just a little concerned at this stage pending further information. We are supposed to have a bird day at the poultry club this weekend. But I am wondering if maybe I should just take some babies for people to cuddle instead of my show team. We rent out the facility to a pigeon club, and I just dont want to take any risk at all.

Quote:
celebrate.gif
So happy for you! Looking forward to seeing the pics too,one of my silkies is suffering from a "bare back" atm,may have to get her one too.

Ducky,from what I have heard I think that you would be better to err on the side of caution, it seems to be moving pretty quickly - of course there are a hundred different stories around - which means it is quite contagious,and although it is only in pigeons

atm,there is the potential for it to jump species and being close to pigeons may be chancing infection. My opinion for what it is worth! At least Tassie is across Bass Strait, but if it gets into wild birds - it's a really huge worry isn't it!

On a happier note 10 duck eggs are getting nice dark shadows inside them! Can't wait! Only 14 days to go
ya.gif
ya.gif

woot.gif

I'm not getting much mail from anywhere. It's that time of the month when mailboxes are empty for days on end.
lol.png

Couldn't resist this one!

OMG!....I was in in the public restroom - I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice in the other stall: "Hi, how are you?"

Me: embarrassed, "Doin' fine!"

Stall: "So what are you up to?"

Me: "Uhhh, I'm like you, just sitting here."

Stall: "Can I come over?"

Me: (attitude) "No, I'm a little busy right now!!"
Stall: "Listen, I'll have to call you back. There's an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering all my questions!

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

gig.gif
lau.gif
Good one wooklet... 14 days YAY!! Half way there already. Lia candled her eggs tonight - not sure of the mix as she has my eggs and her own in there- but she has 20 growing!! SO many duckies!!! it must be nearly spring or something.....

ray's two cents .... Pm me you address,... I will send you some mail... ( got a few bills in the mail today )
lau.gif

My ladies with their stylish outfits.

Some bantams. these ones are a bit small but they will still help heaps.

31066_p1020168.jpg

31066_p1020167.jpg

31066_p1020169.jpg

I could only get a photo of my two 'boring' chickens
tongue.png
I hatched these girls out of store bought eggs, they're the only hybrids I own.

31066_p1020165.jpg

The other girls were a little freaked out with having the saddles on them and were too fast running around ( in circles... backwards) for me to get any photos. but here are a few pictures of a few of my chickens taken the other day.

31066_p1020154.jpg

31066_p1020146.jpg

31066_p1020121.jpg

31066_p1020142.jpg

31066_p1020147.jpg

31066_p1020148.jpg

31066_p1020141.jpg

Wow. Total picture overload.

Back
Top Bottom