Australians - Where are you all????

Wow, I just caught sight of this story: insane!! Anyhow, I think the one about Sydney being the capital is more widely mistaken in other parts of the world.
lol.png

ray's two cents :

Wow, I just caught sight of this story: insane!! Anyhow, I think the one about Sydney being the capital is more widely mistaken in other parts of the world.
lol.png

You got that right
lol.png

Just wanted to share a pic of one of my youngest current babies. I was lucky enough to get hold of a crested Indian Runner drake a while ago- and now have a heap of eggs fertilized by him in the incubator. This little one has the best crest from those hatched so far.

46956_crested_baby.jpg

Isn't he beautiful?
big_smile.png

The weather down here has taken a turn for the worse. Temperatures are hovering around 14,15 degrees
barnie.gif

I have come down with some nasty flu.

He is gorgeous,Ducky,1 more week to go until lockdown! I can't believe it! SO excited, Keeping fingers crossed that all 10 pop out!

1 week?? Wow that has gone fast!!

I think the duckling may be a female actually. I am hoping that these ones are autosexing. So far all the dark ones have been male- and ones like this female. It would make things so much easier if they are- but it only works for a separated pair I have right now- any other ducklings form the same drake different mother dont turn out like that.

ray's two cents .... it is more like winter again...come on spring. I was in Cairns for a day last week- 25 degrees at 9.30 am and the top temp was around 28 degrees- home again on Friday and I woke to freezing rain.

Awwww what a cute duckling!
love.gif

I'd love some ducks to hunt slugs and snails in the veggie patch. I have wild ones visiting my paddock at the moment because one of the water troughs overflowed and flooded part of it. They are getting very bold and just sit and watch me walk by buy it's not the same as having pet ducks.

RareBreedFancier - if you ever decide to get some ducks...and Indian runners appeal to you- let me know. I hatch year round and usually have some ducklings, young ones living outside or adults as well. Or if you feel like hatching some- I can organise some eggs for you

I have never had wild ducks land in my yard...
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
No room with all the domesticated ones roaming around anyway... I can hear them from time to time up at my block of land though.

ducky,
The couple of days when the Show was first on, the weather was unbelievable! I thought summer had finally come and bought out my collection of shorts and T-shirts. Two days later, and away they go again...
lol.png

I've owned ducks before. It wasn't a huge success. Our garden isn't very big. Our neighbours however have a pool... a lot of wild ducks are drawn to it especially in summer: they'll regularly wake to a pool full of the birds and run outside with the broomstick. On a couple of occasions I've heard the man yell something less than savoury as he chases them off
hide.gif

It's nice to see some familiar characters in this thread, even if they have different usernames.
wink.png

I am from Queensland and I like to breed light sussex, wyandottes, polish and sebastopol geese.

Back
Top Bottom