Australians - Where are you all????

Quote:
Apparently my friends saw one on camp earlier in September.
We named it Olivia.
lol.png

Oh, and there was George as well, a spider about the size of my hand lurking under the eaves of our dorm... it was great fun watching everyone's reactions when he suddenly disappeared
lol.png

hahah !
lau.gif

Every time a massive shriek came from the dorm patio... we'd know who it was who'd just been spotted by an unsuspecting intruder...
old.gif

I mean its not going anywhere ever, ever again. Ever.
With a snake that big and dangerous, if you got bitten you'd be dead in about 15 minutes. I went through a lot of scenarios in my head last night of how I could have easily been bitten by that snake if I hadn't seen if first. And with our livestock ( Alpacas @ $5000 each), pets and small children it would have been only a matter of time before someone got bitten. And it probably would have been me first. It was one of the most scariest experiences ever having that thing in the striking pose facing right at me.

Quote:
There were heaps of them!
i took heaps of pics of the ducks tho
tongue.png

Aww, I like ducks. There's no way we'd be able to keep them though.
Although the neighbours always get them flying into their swimming pool and have to chase them out with broomsticks
lol.png

Chookin: Lots of I-can't-Breathe-The-Air-Is-So-Humid weather today, we're getting those northerlies comin' down and it's heating us up to breaking point
th.gif

Apparently the rain's coming tomorrow though, thank heavens.

ray's two cents :

Quote:
There were heaps of them!
i took heaps of pics of the ducks tho
tongue.png

Aww, I like ducks. There's no way we'd be able to keep them though.
Although the neighbours always get them flying into their swimming pool and have to chase them out with broomsticks
lol.png

Chookin: Lots of I-can't-Breathe-The-Air-Is-So-Humid weather today, we're getting those northerlies comin' down and it's heating us up to breaking point
th.gif

Apparently the rain's coming tomorrow though, thank heavens.​

I want ducks to but mums like NO!

Quote:
I work in the bush and encounter snakes A LOT! We always got told you have about two hours to get the anti venom by the snake guy who would come and show us how to identify snakes, snake bites and how to wrap them etc. He said that Taipans were the really bad, fast acting ones. Not saying your wrong abotu 15min for the big browns just saying what I was taught
smile.png

I know how you feel, I've had a stand off with a huge tiger snake before, I almost stepped on him, and he recoiled so we were a metre away from each other, longest two minutes OF MY LIFE!
One of my mates at work had worse, he sat on a pile small trees we just cut down to eat his lunch and a tiger snake came out OVER HIS SHOULDER and slid down across his chest!!!!! Everyone else squealed and ran about 10m away from him, he just sat there wide eyes and sooo still. I'm surprised he didn't mess himself! lol It's funny to think of now lol

I teach my dogs "stop", so basically whatever they are doing they have to freeze. It stopped my jack russell running over a red bellied black snake next to a fence he was running along, I saw it before he did.

It is good you got it off your property. Especially with the livestock/pets that don't have the sense to back off from the hissing stick!!!
But yes.... it went away to a special snake place right? where he'll never be bothered by humans or livestock again
wink.png

Quote:
I work in the bush and encounter snakes A LOT! We always got told you have about two hours to get the anti venom by the snake guy who would come and show us how to identify snakes, snake bites and how to wrap them etc. He said that Taipans were the really bad, fast acting ones. Not saying your wrong abotu 15min for the big browns just saying what I was taught
smile.png

I know how you feel, I've had a stand off with a huge tiger snake before, I almost stepped on him, and he recoiled so we were a metre away from each other, longest two minutes OF MY LIFE!
One of my mates at work had worse, he sat on a pile small trees we just cut down to eat his lunch and a tiger snake came out OVER HIS SHOULDER and slid down across his chest!!!!! Everyone else squealed and ran about 10m away from him, he just sat there wide eyes and sooo still. I'm surprised he didn't mess himself! lol It's funny to think of now lol

I teach my dogs "stop", so basically whatever they are doing they have to freeze. It stopped my jack russell running over a red bellied black snake next to a fence he was running along, I saw it before he did.

It is good you got it off your property. Especially with the livestock/pets that don't have the sense to back off from the hissing stick!!!
But yes.... it went away to a special snake place right? where he'll never be bothered by humans or livestock again
wink.png

Someplace like that yeah.

A guy came today and took two roosters
celebrate.gif
And he told me that I could have some turkey eggs if I wanted. Im thinking
lol.png

Quote:
o-O I never imagined they'd be so deadly. I've never seen a wild snake before in my life, how weird is that! I thought you'd get at least a couple of hours to get to hospital, like with poisonous spiders.

Back
Top Bottom