Australians - Where are you all????

Hi, just joined a few days ago. No idea what I am doing and seem to come across things by accident, obviously not an experienced chat rom person. live in Kuranda, just out of Cairns towards Atherton tablelands. Have 16 experienced "rainforest" chooks

Thanks, I have 9 new chicks. Smooth frizzle rooster X Cochin bantam hen. How do I find a cochin bantam person, I can aske re colours etc?

I don't know exactly what you mean by a cochin bantam person, but try posting something on Breeds Genetics and showing in the Forum.

Good Luck!
thumbsup.gif

Hi, just joined a few days ago. No idea what I am doing and seem to come across things by accident, obviously not an experienced chat rom person. live in Kuranda, just out of Cairns towards Atherton tablelands. Have 16 experienced "rainforest" chooks
welcome-byc.gif
Hello i am phoebs from tamworth nsw nice to meet ya
wee.gif

Heya I'm Christie I'm from Bendigo in Vic.
Welcome to BYC and the Aussie thread, if you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Hi, thanks for replies.Do the rest of you Aussie owners have problems with pythons. Once mine are locked in their snake proof boxes at night, all is fine but I have had many casualties over the many years just on dusk. I have managed to rescue a lot but have lost others.
This guy (pictured with my dad) was one of the smaller ones I had to remove. As you can see no bulge so he did not get anyone. We relocated him many kms away in good rainforest.

Hi Qldchook
Great pics, how amazing! The only predators we get here SW of Sydney are pigeons that still manage to get into the run despite netting! I still lock my girls up at night though as the Silkies are that silly they would happily sit outside all night even when the frosts come!
Have just lost one of my Bantam Cochins who had been poorly for a while, so hubby currently out digging huge hole to bury her. Cannot bear to think of her just going into garbage bin.
Now down to 8 girls only and they have just started to lay again after their big moult.

By the way Qldchook, great area you live in, visited there when up in Cairns, plus dtr studying Atherton Tablelands for her PhD.

What do pidgeons do to chooks? Is it just passing on diseases? I removed 18 pythons in a 4 month period, this year. Worst year I have ever had for snakes.
Sorry about your hen. What age?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom