Australorp? Asian Blue? Welsummer? Not sure need help 🙏

HawaiiChickenMama

In the Brooder
May 16, 2021
Aloha from thr Big Island! I have a mixed rooster I'm trying to pinpoint his breed. His mom looks like an australorp but now that I am looking could maybe be black copper maran mixed also. He has olive green legs and his mom lays large off white to cream colored eggs. One of his newly hatched chicks came out with a dark brown/black fluff with copper around the face. Feathers are coming in a reddish brown like him. Any suggestions or ideas on his breed are much appreciated. Also please no arguing about Asian Blues and Asian Blacks not being a breed. For the sake of this post lets just consider it a breed. Someone also suggested he might be Welsummer but his olive legs are very intriguing...

Thank you and Mahalo in advance 🤙🏼

Attachments

• 20210511_174526.jpg
    20210511_174526.jpg
    678.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210511_174122.jpg
    20210511_174122.jpg
    775.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210512_102045.jpg
    20210512_102045.jpg
    912.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210511_174522.jpg
    20210511_174522.jpg
    666.4 KB · Views: 14
Was doing more research and I'm actually pretty certain he's part black leghorn. Brown leghorn have very similar coloring minus the olive legs but his mom lays large white eggs.

His Granddad was a stunning large black rooster with big red comb. If it wasn't for his mom's egg color I thought Australorp but when I put her next to my pure white leghorn so many features are similar. Slender build, upright long tail feathers, gentle temperament, and large white eggs.

This guy is at least a 1/4 black leghorn

Aloha from thr Big Island! I have a mixed rooster I'm trying to pinpoint his breed. His mom looks like an australorp but now that I am looking could maybe be black copper maran mixed also. He has olive green legs and his mom lays large off white to cream colored eggs. One of his newly hatched chicks came out with a dark brown/black fluff with copper around the face. Feathers are coming in a reddish brown like him. Any suggestions or ideas on his breed are much appreciated. Also please no arguing about Asian Blues and Asian Blacks not being a breed. For the sake of this post lets just consider it a breed. Someone also suggested he might be Welsummer but his olive legs are very intriguing...

Thank you and Mahalo in advance 🤙🏼
Aloha my friend! :D He looks like a very handsome/sweet boy!

Back
Top Bottom