Australorp face color

Weehopper

Songster
Feb 26, 2015
Just received 3 Black Australorp started pullets. Just wondering. Their faces seem to be turning white. Not a sickly type of white, just white. If they keep on with the whiteness, they will soon look like those White Faced Spanish birds. Is this normal for Australorps?

Are their faces still fuzzy? if so it will most likely just fall off and black feathers will pop out, If its feathers then my guess is that its not full-bred, Big online hatcheries will cross breed their chickens for better egg laying rate but will still claim that there "Full-Bred"

Are their faces still fuzzy? if so it will most likely just fall off and black feathers will pop out, If its feathers then my guess is that its not full-bred, Big online hatcheries will cross breed their chickens for better egg laying rate but will still claim that there "Full-Bred"
Got them from Murray McMurray. Nope, faces not fuzzy. I'll just watch and wait I guess. Maybe they just need to be wormed

From the baby chick photos on MPC the little lady with the white breast and face should be the australorp. Mine @ 6 days is getting little white tips on the tiny wing feathers. The one that is almost all black is getting black feathers tinged with a bit of red on the tips. I'm confused as well. One should be a barred rock.

Back
Top Bottom