Australorp gender

Abunari

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 1, 2015
Help I have five australorps separated that I thought were roosters. Three I know for sure are due to the crows. But two have not crowed and haven't developed as strongly as the other roosters...tail feathers etc. I don't want to get rid of a hen but I'm thinking they are just submissive roosters maybe. At five months I would think it would be fully obvious lol.

IMG_8687.:DJPG

IMG_8685.JPG

Last edited:

The first two compared to the 3rd seem so different yet have similarities. Is it normal for such a difference in maturity like this? They just don't seem to be getting the larger tail feather is what is throwing me. They do have smaller curved ones though.

I have the second one in the main coop with all the ladies, no crow and seems to just mingle like the ladies. If I keep the larger roo in the third picture in the main coop he picked on that on though.

I do want to keep a rooster, so if the second picture is one he seems a lot more docile towards me then the big guy.

Dominant roosters tend to suppress testosterone levels in less dominant birds, and some boys just develop more slowly than others.

Back
Top Bottom