Australorp not laying

WhiteLeghorn2

Songster
6 Years
Aug 8, 2013
Hey y'all. I have a mixed flock of 6 hens. 2 of the hens are Australorps. 1 of the Australorps has literally laid for 3 weeks straight! Beautiful large brown eggs. We offer them a high quality layer feed with oyster shell (24/7) so hopefully that has been the reason she's been cranking them out. However, our other Australorp hasn't laid in over two weeks. She appears fine, but she isn't laying. Any ideas?

Are you sure one's not laying? How can you tell? They might both be laying, just every other day....?
We have 4 chickens. 1 of the orpingtons is broody and hasn't laid for about 3 weeks. The other orpington lays a skinny almost white egg, and our Australorp that does lay happens to lay a large brown egg. I'm positvie the other Australorp isn't laying. I go out there several times a day and she has not once been in the box, and I know what her eggs look like.

We have 4 chickens. 1 of the orpingtons is broody and hasn't laid for about 3 weeks. The other orpington lays a skinny almost white egg, and our Australorp that does lay happens to lay a large brown egg. I'm positvie the other Australorp isn't laying. I go out there several times a day and she has not once been in the box, and I know what her eggs look like.

I have a buff trying to hide her eggs, are you sure she isn't laying somewhere else... Is your broody secure where the BA cannot lay in her nest?

Back
Top Bottom