Australorp, right?

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
Just to confirm my belief; this IS an australorp, right? She had the pink feet, black feathers and egg color but she looks so much different then my old australorp.

She was given to me as a black sex link but based off the lack of red I’m guessing they got her mislabeled. Her name is Mighty. Eggs are hers, I wiped off a little bloom to show the color without it.
IMG_2273.jpeg
image.jpg

She was given to me as a black sex link but based off the lack of red I’m guessing they got her mislabeled. Her name is Mighty.
That's (possibly) misunderstanding about what a black sex link is and I would still guess black sexlink.. Though, I can still appreciate the line of thought!

White skin is dominant to yellow.. so that doesn't always indicate breed, though it can indicate what breed it's not.

Some of the black sex links known as dominant copper.. created by using BCM over cuckoo or barred birds.. will have the copper leakage. Those ones are even often mistaken for BCM. I'm sure there are many more though that could create the leakage that you're curious about.

The egg color without the bloom is not the color, imo.

Pretty girl and lovely eggs! :cool:

Last edited:
That's (possibly) misunderstanding about what a black sex link is and I would still guess black sexlink.. Though, I can still appreciate the line of thought!

White skin is dominant to yellow.. so that doesn't always indicate breed, though it can indicate what breed it's not.

Some of the black sex links known as dominant copper.. created by using BCM over cuckoo or barred birds.. will have the copper leakage. Those ones are even often mistaken for BCM. I'm sure there are many more though that could create the leakage that you're curious about.

The egg color without the bloom is not the color, imo.

Pretty girl and lovely eggs! :cool:
I had no idea dominant coppers weren’t a fancy word for BCMs! I got one(dominant copper) last year and she was completely black with thick leg feather up until she hit 6 months, then she started developing red around her eyes ♥️

I always thought BSLs were only barred rock crossed with RIR! That’s so cool thank you for that information.

I’m not sure what color her skin is under the feathers, but the bottom of the feet I know are pink. I’ll check under her wings for skin color right now(I need to put them to bed anyways)

She is so so pretty! Her breed isn’t too important I just like keeping charts of my chickens info since I sell BYM chicks. I love her eggs so much. She was given to me due to become aggressive from what we can only guess is trauma. After a year here she finally calmed down and stopped attacking me

Last edited:
Her skin appears to be white. Her feet are pink they’re just muddy due to my chickens loving melt season- you can see the pink in the joints

Attachments

• IMG_2453.jpeg
    IMG_2453.jpeg
    370.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2455.jpeg
    IMG_2455.jpeg
    384.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2457.jpeg
    IMG_2457.jpeg
    458.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2460.jpeg
    IMG_2460.jpeg