Australorps breed Thread

I do look at rescue sites ...they always seem to want 250.00 + for them
As most dogs... do they need some training around chickens ..are yours good around the chickens like Kurts ?

As most dogs... do they need some training around chickens ..are yours good around the chickens like Kurts ?

Unfortunately, some 'rescue sites' are actually profit motivated but caring for dogs in NOT cheap. You might visit some shelters personally. I know of two shelters not that far from here that let dogs go for $50 bucks and give that back when the dog is neutered.

I paid a lot more than $250.00 each for mine and yes, they are especially good around chickens however, it didn't come naturally. I raised them with the chickens from week 8 of their lives and I bought them about 9 months apart to prevent 'peer pressure'. If you get two young dogs together, you will play hell keeping them straight. Now, they are a major part of flock security.

Not sure if I'm going to do it or not, but If I breed them again, I'll give you a pup, if you will pay/arrange to get it there.

RON

Last edited:
Australorp pullet/ Cockrel? Most likely Cockrell at 5 weeks olde.

I will try that...
Wow thank you for the offer ..Ill have to see what hubby thinks of that ..
That would be some Roadtrip ...New york to West Virginia...8-9 hours D...

Might be able to arrange a shuttle...it's done all the time. My son could drive the pup to a specified location, another trusted BYCer could meet him and go another stint...and so forth.

Back
Top Bottom