Australorps breed Thread

OK. Mine was April 1st. Sounds like she will likely start in the next two weeks. My Barred Rock and RIR have both been laying for 1+ weeks, so I was wondering. Thanks.

:wee:celebrate
7930.gif

I'm at the same place as you right now. The hen's are laying still, but it has slowed down. I have some pullets that have been laying and are now almost big enough to incubate. The younger one's won't start laying until Feb./March, and yes, I do have more egg's going in the incubator again.

I forgot to mention that I have also bought a second incubator, so that I can do more in the spring.

I only have one aussie. A couple weeks ago I finally figured out which egg was hers after I caught her on the nest. Of my 12 layers she's only the 2nd whose egg I can identify. She's my favorite of the bunch.

Attachments

• 1009171710[1].jpg
    1009171710[1].jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 2
I have two hens but not laying everyday. I have 11 layers but 3 of them are older ISA and one is an older legbar. Of the 7 left I am only getting 3 to 5 eggs daily so I'm not sure who's not laying because they are all brown egg layers 2 of them are the Astrolorps hatched last spring.

Back
Top Bottom