Australorps breed Thread

Hey! I have three australorp chicks about three weeks old... two have much longer tail feathers than than the third one, but I'm still hoping they're all pullets b/c i bought them sexed!
Everyone talked about how friendly they are, but mine seem to be deathly afraid of me! haha, they run to the corner and jump as much as they can trying to get out of the brooder, but only when my hand is in there cleaning up.
They love fighting over broccoli and dandelion freshly picked from my backyard.
All my chickens hate that ...something about the sound of moving bedding ...Most will leave the coop if I am cleaning or adding bedding

Hey! I have three australorp chicks about three weeks old... two have much longer tail feathers than than the third one, but I'm still hoping they're all pullets b/c i bought them sexed!
Everyone talked about how friendly they are, but mine seem to be deathly afraid of me! haha, they run to the corner and jump as much as they can trying to get out of the brooder, but only when my hand is in there cleaning up.
They love fighting over broccoli and dandelion freshly picked from my backyard.
At just 3 weeks old they are all scardy-cats. They will grow out of it. Do the combs look the same? That is a dead give away in a couple of weeks as to pullets or cockerels.
Kurt

LOL my rooster suspect is close to 3 weeks old and while all of the other chicks are hiding from the big, bad litter scoop, he is out front pecking the scoop. He was also the first chick to climb up on my hand voluntarily. He went to sleep the first time right in the palm of my hand. Later, he attempted to scratch my hand like he expected food to magically appear.

Back
Top Bottom