Australorps breed Thread

That is the same thing I have been told Stan.

On another note, regarding your original BA lines. How much Rooster aggression did you see? Kurt if you read this what have you seen from your Tiger Creek Roos?

Dan

Towards me?? None. I do not tolerate that, and would not breed it. I believe that the aggressiveness is an inheritable trait. I would accept a dropped wing, and pinned him if that was done, but that has been a rare occourance. If any ever came after me, they were dispatched along with their offspring, but that never happened in the Aussies or my Rocks. I did have a line of Del that were a little over protective of their flock, but very careful to not go too far....

Update.. My one BA is now in chicken jail. I gave her the weekend for me to watch and see if it continued. No more blood but she does still chase them and wont let them eat, or in the coop at night. So she is in chicken jail for a week or so and pinless peepers have been ordered. Hopefully between the two she wont need to be culled. I also plan on getting another BA so hopefully that will help too.

This is my 8 week old bantam Charlie...could she be a austalorp bantam?

Quick question: Is it normal for the red lights to lose a lot of the red color after a couple weeks of use? I got the Little Giant brand, 250 watt, Red Heat Lamp Bulb.

When the chicks discovered the grass plug I put in there wouldn't hurt them, they had a great time beating it up. LOL! Kept them very busy.

mine did that. it's like the red just 'burned away' . . .same brand and type.

That is the same thing I have been told Stan.

On another note, regarding your original BA lines. How much Rooster aggression did you see? Kurt if you read this what have you seen from your Tiger Creek Roos?

Dan

I have 4 Tigercreek roos and they are by far my most laid back. No aggression except the occasional squabble between each other.

This is my 8 week old bantam Charlie...could she be a austalorp bantam?

What hatchery did you get this from? Australorp and Orpington bantams are rare from hatcheries. I know of a couple with Buff Orpington bantams, but none with Australorp or Black/Blue Orpington Bantams.

Quote:
Not familiar with the Tigercreek line.

What hatchery did you get this from? Australorp and Orpington bantams are rare from hatcheries. I know of a couple with Buff Orpington bantams, but none with Australorp or Black/Blue Orpington Bantams.

Not familiar with the Tigercreek line.

If you followed this thread you would be. They are just a nice line of BA's Stan (tigercreek) started. Kurt has some.as do others on here.

Dan

Can somebody with BA Banams post a picture of theirs? I'm thinking that mine are Banams.. They arnt suppose to be but small compared to my other breeds..I've had some issue with my flock but I started thinking maybe there was a mix up and I got Banams? Could that be possible.?

Back
Top Bottom