Australorps breed Thread

Can somebody with BA Banams post a picture of theirs? I'm thinking that mine are Banams.. They arnt suppose to be but small compared to my other breeds..I've had some issue with my flock but I started thinking maybe there was a mix up and I got Banams? Could that be possible.?

Here are some of Paul Fleming's Australorp Bantams.

1380007_10201638217511470_1173306231_n.jpg

Jim, It has been a long time since were on this thread until here lately. I hope things are going better for you than they were.

Stan you could be right! I have been known to be a little different!

Dan

Just my 2 cents, My 11 mo. old roo, Max, definitely pure BA but of questionable lineage (supposed to be off a quality line but doesn't look it other than being larger than a typical hatchery bird) anyway, he is a huge woose! Just yesterday I looked out the window and there he was, head down to ground, butt in the air, matching the stance of my little leghorn mutt hen. Not the first time I;ve seen this between these two and with the same result. Two seconds later Max is high tailing it across the yard with this little white girl in hot pursuit!
lau.gif
He will come running if one of the girls squawks when I pick her up, but all he does is a version of his food dance. If I step toward him he runs off.

I have a question. These are my 2 BA.. I'm sure they are poor hatchery quality... They are not quite 2 months... The first one has a rooster stance and tail sticks up high, the second one has a normal looking tail..they are both suppose to be pullets but I know people get the mixed up sometimes... Any ideas T

Doesn't look like either has much of a comb. I would say at their age they should show an obvious difference. I say pullets from what I can see.

Dan

Doesn't look like either has much of a comb. I would say at their age they should show an obvious difference. I say pullets from what I can see.

Dan

Thx... No neither one has much of a comb...I was just curious as to why her tail is sticks up so straight up and big in comparison to the other one.... I'm very new to this. Lol ... I guess just bad genetics maybe.

Thx... No neither one has much of a comb...I was just curious as to why her tail is sticks up so straight up and big in comparison to the other one.... I'm very new to this. Lol ... I guess just bad genetics maybe.
Yes, Hatchery Genetics. they do not look like Roosters so far. They usually do by 8 weeks old.

Congratulations on getting them.

Tail sets, etc. can vary in BA's especially Hatchery bred.

Dan

I just called Miller Mfg. - Little Giant. Spoke to Dawn, sent copies of my receipts, and have 2 new bulbs on the way. I was assured the color should not have faded like it did, especially with 2 weeks of use. Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom