Australorps breed Thread

My peeps just hit the 24 week mark. They're not laying yet, but they sure are a joy to have around. (don't know why the pictures always lighten up when I transfer from my camera so just imagine it's darker haha)

Omelet and Scramble; Best Buds

Miss Omelet waiting for snacks

Miss Scramble waits for Omelet to find food before she ventures out :)
Awwwww, they look like 2 very happy young ladies! I love the names!!! My Aussie girls are named Giblet, Lemon Pepper and I had to break the pattern and name my last one Einstein because she is such a smart alec that she has been figuring out how to get into mischief since she was in the brooder!!! Mine just started last week laying the cute little pullet eggs but they are already getting bigger. I'd have to check my calendar but I think they started right at 24 wks.
(BTW-my other girls are named Noodle, Dumpling, Nugget and Gravy)

Last edited:
I love those names haha besides these girls we have Magnet (our rooster), Noodle, Banana, Pearl, Supper, Eggness, Hook, Trouble, Sassy, and Mutt Baby. We've been trying to find a new one for Mutt, but so far nothing fits.

I hope my girls can learn from yours...I'm going to tell them yours started laying and they're being slackers :)

Back
Top Bottom