Australorps breed Thread

I use safeguard liquid wormer for goats. So far no worms :) I don't recommend any wormers that go in the water as it is too difficult to judge if they're getting enough to be effective. Beyond that I would say valbazen is your best bet.

I know this is off topic, but Hellbender...I can never get over your avatar. I can't stop laughing at it. I can't explain it...usually I can get over something, but it's just so hideous and funny to me.

I changed it once but I resurrected it due to popular demand.

Pics of worms in eggs...

That is gross
EDIT:just noticed that lightchick posted the same thing
lau.gif

Last edited:
I changed it once but I resurrected it due to popular demand.

Pics of worms in eggs...

I am extremely aware that an over-burdened hen can pass a roundworm in an egg... My confusion came when I read your post suggesting that eggs with a worm can HATCH with the worm INSIDE the chick.

With a piece of "debris" like that, would a chick be able to develop fully and hatch?? If so, is the worm on the outside? Or is the worm somewhere inside the chick after being absorbed? I've Googled this extensively........ again............upon your "suggestion"........ and can find no information to answer these questions.

Terribly sorry to hear about your back.

MrsB

Last edited:
I am extremely aware that an over-burdened hen can pass a roundworm in an egg... My confusion came when I read your post suggesting that eggs with a worm can HATCH with the worm INSIDE the chick.

With a piece of "debris" like that, would a chick be able to develop fully and hatch?? If so, is the worm on the outside? Or is the worm somewhere inside the chick after being absorbed? I've Googled this extensively........ again............upon your "suggestion"........ and can find no information to answer these questions.

Terribly sorry to hear about your back.

MrsB

Thanks you ...that makes it feel a bit better. Actually, I did mean that chicks can be born with an infestation of worms...usually round worms. I have always believed this and feel certain I saw some article on line stating just that.

I have a call into The WVU AG department and when they get back to me I will promptly report/re-post what they send me...in fact I will try to get then to email their response.
idunno.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom