Australorps breed Thread

Just one of my girls lays an egg like that. Pretty aren't they
love.gif

Do BA eggs usually look like this or do I have a special BA? She always lays the darkest egg of all my girls and it always has speckles on it!
Gorgeous egg!! Mine doesn't lay speckled eggs, though the are a nice shade of brown. She hasn't been laying that long, but so far her eggs have been very consistent in size (large eggs in the range of 60-65 grams each) and color. Technically she started in late November, but then took a long break due to molting.

Gorgeous egg!! Mine doesn't lay speckled eggs, though the are a nice shade of brown. She hasn't been laying that long, but so far her eggs have been very consistent in size (large eggs in the range of 60-65 grams each) and color. Technically she started in late November, but then took a long break due to molting.
Thank you! Mine just got done with her molting break too!
Just one of my girls lays an egg like that. Pretty aren't they
love.gif
Yes!

How pretty! My girls lay eggs the color of a strawberry-chocolate milkshake... no speckles, though!

MrsB
Sounds like a pretty color!

Been ages since i've posted on BYC... so much to catch up on in this thread!!

I've been thinking I'd love to have a separate group of Australorps, 4 hens and 1 roo, that I could hatch chicks from... just as a bit of a hobby because I thoroughly enjoyed hatching chicks last time, and I love Australorps. I wasn't looking for my potential Australorps yet, but the other day I came across some beautiful 10 week old pullets for sale, I just couldn't resist!

So tomorrow I pick up 4 little Aussie pullets, 2 black, 1 blue and 1 splash
big_smile.png
Sadly I can't get a rooster for them until I build a new pen to keep him in, as I already have 1 rooster, and I doubt they'd ever get along!

I'll post pics once they're here.

Back
Top Bottom