Australorps breed Thread

Thank you! I actually got them at a little feed store near where I live. In the last couple of weeks, they have really gotten big and beautiful!

Nearly got some new babies to share with you! One hatched about 12 hrs ago and the second (and only other one to develop from my shipped eggs) just pipped! Fingers crossed it's a blue! (and a girl :)

So can you pick the blues and blacks pretty easy? I'm thinking the first one is a black but wondering if it might fluff up lighter?

Last edited:
Nearly got some new babies to share with you! One hatched about 12 hrs ago and the second (and only other one to develop from my shipped eggs) just pipped! Fingers crossed it's a blue! (and a girl :)

So can you pick the blues and blacks pretty easy? I'm thinking the first one is a black but wondering if it might fluff up lighter?

fl.gif
fl.gif
wee.gif

Yes, you can tell blue from black at hatch.

So I had a hen sitting on 5 random eggs from my flock, all cross breeds except for 1 pure bantam australorp egg... They hatched last night and I was surprised to find two black chicks! One is an Australorp, one is not... anyone have thoughts on which one is the Australorp? One is distinctly darker in colour but doesn't quite look the same as the Australorp chicks I've seen in the past.

I'm going to guess that the one at the back is the Australorp? Terrible photos I know...

Cute ...could they both be ? 1/2 Aussies can be black too .
What kind of hen is that ? Pretty feather patterns

Back
Top Bottom