Australorps breed Thread

yes, they seem to be more energetic since I've been putting that with oyster shell as well. It's from Manna pro brand omega 3. I needed more omega 3 in my diet and can't have any seafood so this puts in everyone's body

Never seen anyone doing that on here before. Wouldn't you get more bang for your buck just taking the supplement yourself though rather than diluting it through the chickens? Or are you doing it as much for the chickens health?

Never seen anyone doing that on here before. Wouldn't you get more bang for your buck just taking the supplement yourself though rather than diluting it through the chickens? Or are you doing it as much for the chickens health?
lol its OK, I'm just an odd chicken mama. Its hard to find our supplements without fish containing products BUT I'm doing more for the chickens Health than anything else. I always wanted the healthiest eggs possible and I can't use the Layena with oyster shell & Omega 3; since we ended up with a roo, so I was lucky enough to find that product available. They love it & are doing well with it, so it's a winNing combination.

lol like I said, I'm just an odd chicken mama. Yeah I'm sure he'd be fine but I just wanted to be careful so I emailed the feed companies.

Just trying to get this straight in my mind, you did not want the rooster to eat "layer feed'?

No judgment, just curious, I know we all do things for our birds normal people find "different".

Just trying to get this straight in my mind, you did not want the rooster to eat "layer feed'?

No judgment, just curious, I know we all do things for our birds normal people find "different".
correct. I don't want the chance of bone defects or kidney failure. (I wrote response hrs ago but doesn't look like it's here). I spoke with Purina about it when they were still on non-medicated feed so I can plan. I didn't want flock raiser as they were all chickens-not all birds.

There are some studies that say it is harmful to Roosters ..As I feed fermented feed.. the concentration of calcium is less .
Also my Rooster is a gentlemen he always lets the hens eat 1st - Except for treats then it is every chicken for themselves
I heard good things of fermented, could you give me more info? Yes, seems to be what King Titan does as well.

Back
Top Bottom