Australorps Breeding for SOP and Exhibition Thread

Pics
It depends on the quality of the other cockerels I'm feeding out. If I don't breed them, they'll go in the freezer. I did talk to their breeder and it doesn't sound like it's genetic. He hatched 100 chicks from the same cross and didn't get any bad toes. I hatch 9 and get 2 with them. Go figure. And I didn't notice any issues until they were a couple months old, so I think it's something that developed. These guys have more right with them than wrong, so as long as the toes don't pass on, I'm not too worried. Only downside is I can't show them.

Last edited:
bonnylass, two things to consider, if you haven't already, add a little brewers yeast into their feed to increase riboflavin. Since it's a more recent development, you might want to consider a "boot" for them for a little while too. That may correct it.

Look, I'm really done discussing this. I've made my decision.

Ok then.

bonnylass, two things to consider, if you haven't already, add a little brewers yeast into their feed to increase riboflavin. Since it's a more recent development, you might want to consider a "boot" for them for a little while too. That may correct it.
Thanks for the suggestion.

bonnylass, two things to consider, if you haven't already, add a little brewers yeast into their feed to increase riboflavin.  Since it's a more recent development, you might want to consider a "boot" for them for a little while too.  That may correct it. 

They get brewer's yeast and garlic. And I think it's too late to fix it. They were 8-12 weeks old when I discovered it. They're about 4 months old now.

Back
Top Bottom