Austraulorp X Red Production Hen What am I???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by keithallen1965, Oct 31, 2009.

1. keithallen1965

keithallen1965 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    conroe
    I have 7 red Production hens in with my Black Austraulorps and have 6 of there eggs in the bator what might I have created? [​IMG]

2. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    No idea, but my best bet is a hen that lays REALLY well...
    ...Er, at least black australorps anyway. I've never had a red production.

3. catfish/okie

catfish/okie Chillin' With My Peeps

I see nothing wrong with this cross. Never seen chickens crossed this way. Red cockeral and black pullets? Anybody else? Pullets should turn out to be good layers. Some may be broody?

4. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    I hatched out 7 crosses of a PRed roox BA hen. just opp. of yours.

I got 3 males 4 females.

the males colored out black bodied with dark, dark, red sex feathers ie:(hackles, saddles, and wing bows) the tail black with the green-purple sheen in them.

the pullets were solid black and were pretty fair layers/ large eggs though, I thought they matured a little slower than my PRed pullets.

I sold the pullets but still have a roo from this cross. I'll try to get some pics. of him and post them, he's a pretty boy, his name is Foghorn and believe you me he owns up to his name. He was named by my neighbor, as his favorite place to crow was outside his bedroom window most of the time.

5. keithallen1965

keithallen1965 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    conroe
    Anyone ever had this cross and has pic's that would be awesome! I had two BA's hatch and am waiting on a cross to hatch will post a pic soon as one does.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by