autistic son...... at it again

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by klf73, May 31, 2010.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    My 4yo autistic son stayed at his grandparents house on Friday night. He has a problem staying in bed so my dad laid on another bed in the room and waited for him to go to sleep. He was pretending he was asleep to not stimulate my son. He then proceeded to watch what my son did next. He looked at his grandfather, was convinced "grumpy" was asleep. He then took his pillows and blankets and started to stuff the bed to make it look like he was still there. Then he started to tiptoe out of the room. My dad was amazed! He let him get to the doorway before he told him to get back into bed and all my son said was a disappointed "awww". I can't believe the little booger set a dummy before trying to sneak out! Unbelievable [​IMG] got my work cut out for me with this one....

2. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    Mine was not autistic but was an escape artist. Lock on the windows, baby gates across door ways, locks on doors at adult head level, baby monitors near exits so we could hear if he tried to get out. I was so thankful when he got lazy and grew out of it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by