Auto Bailout.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
And you live in Canada. So it isnt JUST American workers within the automotive industry and it's suppliers that are going to feel it if the BIg 3 dont receive help.
With all the times the US pokes it's nose in other countries business THIS is the time we should be looking to what is going to happen outside our borders if we muck up things even more here.

My thoughts are with you mjsdhs. You and everyone else that works in the auto industry and it's suppliers

I work in the parts department for a Ford dealership.Dealerships are different from the manufactuer as they are independently owned and we have no ties to union's or benefit's.However we have to have support from the manufactuer for warranty repairs and such,How many of you people have thought about if the big 3 go under you stand a chance to lose your warranty coverage.It would be bad to have to pay for repairs on a new automobile.Just think of all the people who would lose jobs at dealerships because of this.

Last edited:
Quote:
The free ice cream is only for irresponsible banks, irresponsible borrowers, big car companies and unions. Stop asking for what you are not entitled to. We should just stand by and watch our wealth be redistributed.
tongue.gif

Last edited:
Totally aware of the warranty thing. If they are bailed out with their 2nd 25B handout in two months, will you feel confident enough to go out and buy a new car then? At what point will you feel they are out of the woods. When Iacocca fixed Chrysler, the first thing he did was reduce their labor force. It was a loan he got from the Feds and he paid the loan off early. The Big 3 have made NO mention of reducing the labor force! Just standing there with their hand out!

Rhett&SarahsMom :

yes, we should bail out the big 3

The jobs lost will put even more burden on the already OVERBURDENED
economy. The jobless rate will sky rocket. And as anyone knows that has ever applied for and received unemployment .. that is the biggest load of bs out there. You cant just think of the Big 3. You also have to consider ALL the suppliers that will then loose money. And cut jobs.

It is not entirely the fault of the Big 3 that they are in this position now.
How many people out there went and bought huge honkin trucks and SUVs when they dont need them? Then the oil went crazy and with it the gas price. And most know that it is the OIL that drives this countries economy.

People have to look beyond their own door ways and see the BIG picture. But then again short sightedness is the norm for most Americans.

I am sure this country does not need to see any more unemployment. They told me today on the new that if the big three go under there would be a possibility that 2 percent of the work force would lose thier jobs.

WAIT A MINUTE. Is it not a fact that the jobless rate went from 4.5 percent to 6.5 percent in this year alone ??

Join the crowd !!! I am sure that this will not be the case anyway.
The workers for these companies will have to CUT BACK just like the rest of us. They will have to get a smaller paycheck, perhaps NO pension and PAY for some of the outragous health care that we all are facing. NO MORE FREE RIDES WITH THESE UNIONS. I do not mean to say break em. I mean to say come to a reality that this just can no longer be sustained in ANY economic situation. The big three have LOST billions ove the last 4 years. Did they not think that this just could NOT go on ??? I will be darned if my children are going to pay some lucky worker for the big 3 their pension plan and health care for the rest of thier lifes.

My father worked for the largest aircraft builder of this country. When he retired they took his health care benefits away from him becuase of "restructuring". If he can do it, co can these workers !!!​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom