Auto chicken Door Wiring Help Needed

dizzee

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 24, 2011
Hello byc members

i require some assistance wiring up my relay for auto chicken door.

i will be using limit switchs, and a cordless motor , 5 pin relay and 12v power, now im having some trouble determining what parts i should connect up with each terminal.

post-5652-0-58496600-1316718099.gif

the specs of my relay are
Size:
28 x 28 x 25 mm
1PST/1PDT/1PST-DM
DC 12V 40A
Coil Power:
DC 1.8W
Coil Voltage:
DC 12V

so i have + - from motor,
+ - from 12v power,
2 limit switchs
and 5 pin relay.

can anyone tell me which bits connect to the relay. and where ??

greatly appreciate any help offered.

many thanks

Dizzee

on your relay

85 and 86 is the signal power - 12 v from what ever you are using as a switch to activate device.

let me try and draw this up and get it on here...picture worth a thousands words thing.

hi yellowirenut

thanks for taking the time to reply and help,

yes a diagram would be excellent,

many thanks

dizzee

just live and neutral, although it does both polarity ie up and down of the coop door

is this a kit?

I am going to ask questions and they will be sort of blunt...dont take it personal. Tech/engineer side of me.

Do you have anything that "tells" the system the door is closed? In other words how is the motor going to know when to stop when the door is completely closed or open.
DO you have more than one relay? or a 8 post one DPDT
you mention limit switches....what type?
temperature? time? pressure?

Hi

relay is a 5 pin

The limit switchs are normal pressure/ click switch

Iv 5 of those should only need two tho.

Ie one at top of door and one at bottom of door.

you will need a second relay then.

If the motor runs apposite what you want according to my drawing then switch 30 on relay one with 30 on relay two.

the door switches should be normally closed (power passes threw) pressure opens switch (power will not flow). My drawing is technically wrong on those switches but i did use MS paint LOL

Last edited:
hi thanks for the replys

ok so options, get a 2nd relay , or is there a relay that'll do the whole job in one ?

alternatively how would we modify the above diagram to only work in one polarity ,

ie; if we just have the door to open in the morning,

so one cycle of ''door up '' a day , in the evening the door would be manualy closed.

many thanks for your assistance
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom