Auto-waterers?

walkswithdog

Crowing
15 Years
Jul 17, 2008
DC Region
What are my options if I'd like to install some sort of auto-water set up? Thanks, they're not going to the coop yet but I'm getting it set up.

This is the way to go in my book. Try on line with a few poultry supply houses you can find by google. Also try your local fee stores. The one I found (at my local feed store) is a automatic bowl, that hooks right to a garden hose. It has a small float in the bowl which controls depth of water. It also can be added to, with additional bowls if I need them. The first thing here is cost. The one I found is around 40.00 to get my first bowl, regulator which controls water pressure, and tubing. Also since I live in a cold area, it can be sat on a water heater base, to help from freezing in the winter. Good luck,,check around !!!!
D.gif
D.gif

There was a post on here a while back about a homemade automatic waterer another BYC member made. It used much of the same type system, but the water was kept in a 55 gallon trash can and gravity fed through a hose down to a float type contraption. I'll look for it when I get a chance or maybe someone else has it. Good Luck!

Here try clicking on this link....or copy and paste it into your browser

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=5284-AUTO_WATERER

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom