Auto-waterers?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by walkswithdog, Sep 16, 2008.

1. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    What are my options if I'd like to install some sort of auto-water set up? Thanks, they're not going to the coop yet but I'm getting it set up.

2. skyfires

skyfires Trying to hide

Jul 19, 2008
    The Ozarks of Arkansas
    This is the way to go in my book. Try on line with a few poultry supply houses you can find by google. Also try your local fee stores. The one I found (at my local feed store) is a automatic bowl, that hooks right to a garden hose. It has a small float in the bowl which controls depth of water. It also can be added to, with additional bowls if I need them. The first thing here is cost. The one I found is around 40.00 to get my first bowl, regulator which controls water pressure, and tubing. Also since I live in a cold area, it can be sat on a water heater base, to help from freezing in the winter. Good luck,,check around !!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

3. SSO202

SSO202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008
    Hartwood, VA 22406
    There was a post on here a while back about a homemade automatic waterer another BYC member made. It used much of the same type system, but the water was kept in a 55 gallon trash can and gravity fed through a hose down to a float type contraption. I'll look for it when I get a chance or maybe someone else has it. Good Luck!

Here try clicking on this link....or copy and paste it into your browser

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=5284-AUTO_WATERER

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by