Auto watering cups

Echotraveler

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2015
Hey guys i got a 5pack of auto watering cups for the girls.

Im gonna attach them to a 5gallon bucket to hang on the coop.

How many waterers for 4 chickens?

Last edited:
Hey guys i got a 5pack of auto watering cups for the girls.

Im gonna attach them to a 5gallon bucket to hang on the coop.

How many waterers for 4 chcikens?

Are you asking how many cups to put on a single bucket or how many bucket waterers to make? Are the four birds the only birds you plan to keep or are you likely to expand your flock?

I ment 1 bucket with multiple cups

About the size of the flock..hmm lets say ill stay with 4 or 5 not more

I would do at least 3 - it might help you to kind of lay them out around the bucket to see how much space each cup takes up and then consider the body size of the breeds you have so you can see how crowded or comfortable things would be. More isn't always better - sometimes it's just more - meaning that if you have 4 or 5 cups but the birds can only comfortably use three at any given time you aren't really gaining anything by having the extra cups there.

Ive got 1 red star, 1 black Star, 2 black copper marans.

Thnx for the observations ill have them in mind.

Do you guys use this cups?

We did the same and they're great. We have 10 chickens and there are only 3 cups on their bucket and they are doing fine with it. That said, can't hurt to have one for each! Cut down on the push and shove at meal time. :)

We did the same and they're great. We have 10 chickens and there are only 3 cups on their bucket and they are doing fine with it. That said, can't hurt to have one for each! Cut down on the push and shove at meal time. :)

What distance appart do you have the 3 cups?

One on either side directly across from each other and one in the middle of those two. (We have it up against the corner of the run in the back and so didn't put any on the back side.)

Back
Top Bottom