Auto Watering device isn't working

Quote:
So how are your skills at the Chinese language?

i don't follow. ahhhh, i wrote incorrectly. i bought if from someone who had left-overs. had i bought it from someone selling them with a return policy, i'd have taken these "junkers" back. but i don't know this person that well and he'd probably think i broke them.

if he isn't thinking that, i'll still be thinking he is thinking it.

quite simply, i will not recommend buying these things. but trying them out for a few days before paying for them. junkers

i saw a person who had a toilet flush control system for a float system. i'm going to try this to provide a watering device for a monster mastiff we have. it drinks about 3gallons a day.

OK I have a moment to jump into this. What you have here is a discontinued model of the Plasson "trigger cup" They are designed to work in very low pressure. Like a maximum of 6" water column. In the pic you are showing feet of water column to the top of the bucket. This is exerting way to much pressure against the seal for the bird to peck at the trigger and get the water they want to run into the cup.
This system was plagued with problems resulting from particle (as small as microscopic) matter in the water or coming out of the water as it was exposed to air. Commercial installations required sophisticated water filtration to maintain drip free operation in buildings. You may get by using them outside but you will have to plan on suplying the water that they leak.

So lower the pressure and keep the water as clean as possible and endure.

There are virtually no cup water systems sold today for the commercial poultry industry. For either caged or floor birds. Nipple drinkers are just about the only thing used anymore.

THX! so the Plasson "trigger cup" requires the chicken to learn to peck at it?

man, i feel bad about bad mouthing the nice person who sold them to me. MY BAD!

THX Neil Grassbaugh

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom