Automatic door recommendations?

Just figured out why their tech support continues to have you try steps and then send videos. They ran the clock down at least 7 days doing this with me.

WORLDWIDE RETURNS: Returns can be made in 30 days.
In order to return an item, you must meet the following conditions:

• The return must be sent back within 30 days of the delivery date.
  • The item must be in its original, unused, unaltered condition.
  • The item must be returned with original packaging.

I’m sorry you’re having a hard time with this door. It’s a shame to hear that the customer service is crappy. I still love ours and have had no issues besides having to scrape ice off so it can open/close on cold days. We didn’t get the giant one tho, just the regular one. This is our second year using it on our coop and I’ve only changed the batteries once - which I didn’t really need to change them, I just did because we’d be gone a week in November and it bothered me that I hadn’t had to change them yet. I just didn’t want the batteries to go out while someone was babysitting the chickens for us.

Hi:

I would buy the Run Chicken door again. I did look at all 4 that you show above and leaned at one point for the cheapest but did not buy it as it was a 2 piece system versus the Run Chicken door was an all-in-one design. I bought the Run Chicken door about 6 weeks ago and love it.

Same here! It was easy to install, and very reliable. We've had it for almost a year.

Welcome to BYC!!
I have heard good things about Chicken guard. Whatever you chose consider how it will work in your winter climate. Batteries may need replacing more often, components may freeze up or get jammed with snow or ice (or frozen poo). It’s nothing that a daily or every other day inspection won’t solve but worth considering when shopping.
I personally use a Run Chicken door and it has worked great for me.

Back
Top Bottom