Automatic door recommendations?

I know only the opening shows but the remote switch(included) is outside of the coop (to the right of the front windows) and you can sorta make out the solar charger in the upper right of the walkin run.
20221023_172534.jpg

So I ordered it. Definitely on the pricier side.
You made a good choice. They don't offer a solar charging system as of yet but you can definitely add one. I mad a post on this before. And here.

But I will say it here too.

These are not made with external charging capabilities, I suspect it is because the batteries they use are 6v. Most solar charging systems are 12v. But if you get an Outdoor Hunting Power Deer Feeder Battery Charger Edrenaline Solar Panel and a 6V Rechargeable Lantern Battery. You can change out their battery they send, with minimal of fuss, and add the charging system. However these batteries last a long time.

2j53bn.jpg

Good Luck. I just watched a video on this one & it looks complicated
From other videos, from what I remember, it's not that complicated. I don't know if it is an editing thing with that video but I think he skipped the parts and bout getting to each setting. Plus the music is too loud and really unnecessary to be play throughout the whole video. It is distracting.

I would love to hear from these people a year now later and see the results. I purchased the Run Chicken Giant in Feb, installed on the 13th and the light sensor has failed just 1 day shy of a month. Customer support has had me do several steps and send video's of me performing task. They do not comprehend responses in my emails i.e. "How can I program the door for time settings if the light sensor doesn't work?" I really wanted to like this door but yet here I am.
run chicken giant.jpg

I've had the omlet door now for about 2.5 years and have had no issues.

The only downside is that the wood chips sometimes get stuck under the bottom rail where the door slides and it won't close. So I usually check on that every couple days.

I do like that you can set it to open/close automatically with the sunrise and sunset.
Isn't it not closing an issue ?

I'm going to be the odd one out. I bought the cheap one and wired it in a few months ago and not had any problems (knocking on wood). The updated Uoxlife (Run Chicken rip off) is now made of metal with a better gear design than the prior model and for $79 I took a chance. I thought if I wired it into the hardware cloth it would be easier to remove to return if it didn't work.

I was sick of the endless parade of raccoons and opossum getting past my electric fence through the trees. Trap one and 3 days later another showed up. All the hens stopped laying in the henhouse and would go as far as the front yard! They would hop the fence to lay then return for the rest of the day.

Because of the coop location I wanted a simple design I could program a timer easily and ran on battery. Too much shade to use light sensor. And easy battery replacement. Although Run Chicken has a low battery indicator and this one does not, it's much easier to get to the batteries. The only design flaw I see on both is the buttons are accessible on the outside. A persistent raccoon could find it and manually open the door.

Pics from this morning
Chicken Cam_playback_1666526890271.jpg
Chicken Cam_playback_1666526866193.jpg

Back
Top Bottom