Automatic Locking Coop Door

Apr 28, 2021
Arkansas
My Coop
My Coop
Hello,
I’ve read a lot of threads on automatic doors but it seems there are very few that actually have a locking mechanism.
There won’t be a predator proof run since they will be mostly free range in dense woods.
They need a solid locking door that will keep any raccoons or any other creature smart enough to lift an unlocked door. I have large and medium breed chickens.
My budget is for $200 or less and prefer to buy off Amazon (I have a local charity that receives AmazonSmile).

Not sure you'll find a locking chicken door on Amz other than the auto doors.
Most folks build their own.
Do you have a pop door now....how big is it?
Pics would help here.

I have 2 locking pop doors on my coop, you can see them in My Coop page.

Not sure you'll find a locking chicken door on Amz other than the auto doors.
Most folks build their own.
Do you have a pop door now....how big is it?
Pics would help here.

I have 2 locking pop doors on my coop, you can see them in My Coop page.
The door will be for my new coop. Right now we have a door on hinges we have to lock and unlock to let them in and out. However we are going on vacation in a month, where all our dogs will be boarding and unable to protect the flock, and I won’t be able to have someone come twice daily,

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LP1MYJJ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I have this, very easy to set up, no wires or anything else hanging about. Once closed it is very secure. I have a brahma and 2 orpingtons that fit through just fine
I’ve seen a lot of people talking about that door. I have a pretty big RIR - only 9 weeks old and he’s massive biggest boy we have and the leader of the flock. I’m just worried once full grown he won’t be able to make it through the door. But I do love the simplicity of that door.

Ardor 1 auto door cannot be opened once closed. It cannot be found on Amazon either, but not buying off of Amazon has the benefit of directly supporting a company vs the $ being filtered through Amazon.
I have looked at their doors and they are pretty unique compared to most of the market. I noticed you can buy through only the company and sometimes that has its own pros/cons.

I’ve seen a lot of people talking about that door. I have a pretty big RIR - only 9 weeks old and he’s massive biggest boy we have and the leader of the flock. I’m just worried once full grown he won’t be able to make it through the door. But I do love the simplicity of that door.
My brahma is almost 10 lbs, lol, and she gets through fine. If you go to their site they sell one a little larger if I'm not mistaken

Attachments

• 20210403_130115.jpg
    20210403_130115.jpg
    781.2 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom