Automatic Locking Coop Door

X2 to everything.

I worried, too, but I've had zero issues. My teeny Sebright, my big ol' Brahma, and even my ducks have been fine with it. They get trained to it, and I think they're a little scared of the noise the motor makes. When I test it, they back away. But you can program it so that it stays open later and closes well after they've gone to roost for the night.
We have a small 4x4 utility vehicle we drive around and they seem to be use to the noise so maybe the sound of the door they will be use to as well.

We have a small 4x4 utility vehicle we drive around and they seem to be use to the noise so maybe the sound of the door they will be use to as well.
We have a tractor and a riding mower. Their coop is right by my workshop. I think they're startled by the suddenness of it and the fact that it's in their coop.

The Ador is opened and closed with a "cog wheel" that stays engaged with the door. It is almost impossible to open or close the door while it is engaged. Door will stop and reverse if it hits something (slow hen) and then come back down again. Opens at dawn and closes just after dark. Battery operated. Has several programing options and mine hasn't missed a lick.

Pricey but well worth it. Ador Store

Last edited:
Will it try again to complete the circuit? I really had the battery usage but given the ease of set up I can really complain too much.
I’ll just have to invent the perfect auto coop door 😂
I've never had a chicken (or duck) stay in the door way. So, I've only seen it happen when I was working on it. It did not try again since it was in the middle of me trying to program it. 🤣
The company is very receptive to questions. They have a list of faqs on their website. It might be answered there or just send them an email. They will get back to you.

The Ador is opened and closed with a "cog wheel" that stays engaged with the door. It is almost impossible to open or close the door while it is engaged. Door will stop and reverse if it hits something (slow hen) and then come back down again. Opens at dawn and closes just after dark. Battery operated. Has several programing options and mine hasn't missed a lick.

Pricey but well worth it. Ador Store
Thank you for your input!

I have one of the T50 auto doors linked earlier in this thread.
First thing I did was inspect the assembly to see how it works - it's a standard servo motor like you would see on an RC car's steering (very strong little units), with a gear head that engages with the door. The gear is always engaged with the door unless you dismount the servo. The door itself sits behind the frame when closed, so basically nothing can get to it anyway. IMO it's quite secure.

I have one of the T50 auto doors linked earlier in this thread.
First thing I did was inspect the assembly to see how it works - it's a standard servo motor like you would see on an RC car's steering (very strong little units), with a gear head that engages with the door. The gear is always engaged with the door unless you dismount the servo. The door itself sits behind the frame when closed, so basically nothing can get to it anyway. IMO it's quite secure.
I haven't physically handled a T50 but after going over the literature I find it very close to an Ador in appearance, but not the electronics. It evidently works well though. It is manufactured in Ljubljana Slovenia. Company info: RUN-TIGER LLCVilharjeva cesta 38,SI-1000 Ljubljana Slovenia

User Manual

Just an observation .....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom