Autosexing breeds

Here you go Keith, that is a good site on autosexing breeds. Been to that site more than one time.
lol.png

http://www.autosexing.co.uk/

Chris

Yeap I agree Chris that is a good site have read it and read it over and over again....... but mainly I think that because it is about the only site that has info .... and they don't really tell you how to recreate one of the breeds...

thanks

Keith

SC
USA

here are a couple pics of my Hambar male and one of my females...

male at 20 weeks

bigmoney20wks.jpg

female

green21wks.jpg

have a great one

Keith
SC
USA

Silverudd came up with the term semi-autosexing and the term is used in the literature. There are several breeds that are semi-autosexing. Not every Rhode Island Red has to be show quality.

Tim

Quote:Originally Posted by Chris09

A breed is either Autosexing or it is not there is no, "semi-autosexing" breeds that I am aware of or herd of.

Have you looked for markings on the wings

If there any good reds they will not have marking on there wings at hatch.

These are are Rose Comb R.I. Red chicks.
33115_dsc_0202.jpg

These are there parrents
33115_copper-b-iii.jpg

33115_red_hen_-_iii.jpg

I know this is an old thread but i was wondering if any one might know what would happen if u crossed a barred rock with a golden laced polish. Would it be autosex result.

I know this is an old thread but i was wondering if any one might know what would happen if u crossed a barred rock with a golden laced polish. Would it be autosex result.
No. Autosexing requires that the birds carry specific genes and the offspring would not carry the necessary genes.

If you crossed a polish male with barred rock female the offspring would be black sex links.

Tim

Last edited:
No. Autosexing requires that the birds carry specific genes and the offspring would not carry the necessary genes.

If you crossed a polish male with barred rock female the offspring would be black sex links.

Tim
Oh okay thanks i was wondering because i was think of trying to breed a sexlink polish

Back
Top Bottom