Autosexing cross/breed creation

Looking for auto sexing not just sex linked chicks. I think If i cross Golden duckwing araucanas, barred leghorns, red dorking, and polish. would the polish mess up the genes cause i dont think their are barred or duckwing polish?

Looking for auto sexing not just sex linked chicks. I think If i cross Golden duckwing araucanas, barred leghorns, red dorking, and polish. would the polish mess up the genes cause i dont think their are barred or duckwing polish?
I truly have no idea what colours of polish are available. If you want them, go for it, just be aware that it might take a generation (or three) to breed whatever colour of Polish you choose out of the line, while keeping the crest.

I assume you want the Polish for the crests? I know absolutely nothing about crest colour genetics. I do know that the reason that Polish have such large crests is that they have an opening at the back of their skulls, and those openings are dependent on several genes, and on the bird itself. It might take quite a while to breed one as crests as the parent stock have.

so if you breed 2 autosexing breeds together will the babies be autosexing.
for example the smaaland crossed with the cream legbar
and how do you create an autosexing chicken
Yes, both breeds are based on wildtype(e+) and sex linked barring(B) to produce the autosexing trait, but you will be producing autosexing crossbred, so I suggest on just keeping one breed

It doesn't work like that.

Example of an autosexing crossbreed: Buff Orpington Rooster X Barred Rock hen.

Offspring: Males, yellow faces, & head spot. Females dark brown faces, no head spot.View attachment 2022399
I'm sorry - but you are incorrect...
YES, you can breed two autosexing birds together and get autosexing chicks...
AutoSexing is when a BREED hatches chicks where their markings and or coloration identify sex. SexLinked is when you breed different chickens together to sex variations of barred markings which identify MALES.

If you breed two AutoSexing breeds together, their offspring will be mutts but they will still be AutoSexing.
If you breed to varying birds together where one is Barred and the other is NOT, then your males will be identified by a dot on the head which signifies barred. Females will be solid colored.

So I understand how to make a sex link. You have to do a autosexing breed hen (purebred) under any rooster. For example black rooster over barred female. Because I have a ameraucana roo over a cuckoo maran mix, so what if I did that over a barred rock or cuckoo maran hen?

I'm sorry - but you are incorrect...
YES, you can breed two autosexing birds together and get autosexing chicks...
AutoSexing is when a BREED hatches chicks where their markings and or coloration identify sex. SexLinked is when you breed different chickens together to sex variations of barred markings which identify MALES.

If you breed two AutoSexing breeds together, their offspring will be mutts but they will still be AutoSexing.
If you breed to varying birds together where one is Barred and the other is NOT, then your males will be identified by a dot on the head which signifies barred. Females will be solid colored.
Mine works like that. Especially with my line of Orpingtons I'm working on.
Not gonna argue on this subject though.

All of my project Orpingtons are linked with face color.
Their bloodline consists of Buff Orpington/Barred Rock X Buff Orpington Australorp.

Here's my males:
0324191602.jpg
20200710_151944.jpg

Males grown up.
1115191537.jpg
20200929_213919.jpg
Females:
0821191448a.jpg
15902868269627521721185359731531.jpg
The two females pictured below died.

Here's the female from the picture above.
20200707_142126.jpg

Plus, I've done lots of crossings of Buff Orpington rooster over Barred Rock hen, & all Male offspring had headspots, & yellow faces, & grew up barred.

Females always had chocolate brown faces, or light brown faces, with no headspot, & grew up to be black, & buff solid with no barring.

Back
Top Bottom