jvls1942

Crossing the Road
15 Years
Oct 16, 2008
wausau,wisconsin
If I had one wish it would be that everybody would put their town and state in their avatar..

so many replies mention ,, it is so cold HERE,, or I have some eggs/chickens for sale..Where? or similar statements to location and I have no idea of where "here" is.. then it takes a reply to ask where "here" is.. and on and on it goes..

roll.png
frow.gif

am I the only nosey one ??

...jiminwisc........

Nope.! Just the only one talking about it at the time.

We are having a great day here, The weather man has promised a grand warmup- 60's and maybe 70's -before the next cold spell/snow/winter hits us on Friday. I want spring---NOW!!

Quote:
not everyone wants to share information deemed as personal. everyone has a different level of comfort with info on the internet.
for all we know 'here' might be being made up.

if a child posts here on BYC, as they are more than welcome to do, how much info should they give out about their location? none.
what about a single mom? elderly person? on and on...it just comes down to comfort level.

as for sale/wanted items, that is a different story, but people just forget sometimes. shoot them a PM and ask them to change the headline for their thread.

guess we'll have to use our imaginations sometimes.

another thread about the same topic:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=100341&p=1

Last edited:
I agree with Miss Jayne
smile.png

People SHOULD put where they are located if they are selling something-in the title. I don't want shipped eggs from North Pole, AK in December, and I should be able to make that decision without opening the thread!

Back
Top Bottom