Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jvls1942, Jan 20, 2009.

1. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    If I had one wish it would be that everybody would put their town and state in their avatar..

so many replies mention ,, it is so cold HERE,, or I have some eggs/chickens for sale..Where? or similar statements to location and I have no idea of where "here" is.. then it takes a reply to ask where "here" is.. and on and on it goes..

[​IMG][​IMG]

am I the only nosey one ??

...jiminwisc........

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I agree it would be good and they've tried to get people to do it, but for whatever reason they won't.

3. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine states where I am located..... [​IMG]

4. justhatchin

justhatchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2008
    Galva, Kansas
    Nope.! Just the only one talking about it at the time.

We are having a great day here, The weather man has promised a grand warmup- 60's and maybe 70's -before the next cold spell/snow/winter hits us on Friday. I want spring---NOW!!

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Mine too. [​IMG]

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:not everyone wants to share information deemed as personal. everyone has a different level of comfort with info on the internet.
    for all we know 'here' might be being made up.

if a child posts here on BYC, as they are more than welcome to do, how much info should they give out about their location? none.
    what about a single mom? elderly person? on and on...it just comes down to comfort level.

as for sale/wanted items, that is a different story, but people just forget sometimes. shoot them a PM and ask them to change the headline for their thread.

guess we'll have to use our imaginations sometimes.

another thread about the same topic:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=100341&p=1

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  7. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

I just conformed & added "& / or Utah"

8. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    I agree with Miss Jayne [​IMG]

People SHOULD put where they are located if they are selling something-in the title. I don't want shipped eggs from North Pole, AK in December, and I should be able to make that decision without opening the thread!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by