Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by seminolewind, Mar 25, 2008.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    afriend of mine who's a member here has told me something distressing. It seems that some members took offense to my Michael Moore avatar. He is an advocate for us real people and I admire him. I saw the avatar and used it to show my admiration of the man. However, some people mistook the avatar for something mean . It bothers me that some people always have to think the worst. This avatar of
    Michael Moore was purely that I like the man, and NOTHING MORE. It's a shame that people jump to assume something negative about someone without getting all the facts. I hope you're proud of yourself

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I love Moore and his films. I think maybe I saw your avatar, thought it was fine.

3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Songster

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    I didnt see it, was it offensive in any way??? Why did you remove it or was it removed for you? I was gonna put a pic of Willie Nelson as mine, but I bet that would offend others so I wont.

4. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Songster

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    I don't see whats to like about MM. That being said I would not be offended seeing him on an avatar. I say to each their own and live and let live.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  5. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    Don't worry about it Seminolewind. I get complaints about my avatars all the time. I'm sure the staff does as well. I've never been asked to remove one yet. Michael Moore is a GENIUS. Controversy is what sells his movies. He is a welcome breath of fresh air in a world filled with politically correct yoyo's.

6. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Well, in the picture, I did not realize that it looked like he was making a letter L with his hand, and L stands for loser, this boggles my mind.
    Marlinchaser, I would post your Willie Nelson pic, just make sure his hands aren't offensive in any way

7. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Songster

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    :| Who is Michael Moore? The name sounds really familiar, but I can't place it...

8. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Quote:Thanks, LCRT. I don't find your avatars offensive because when I see them, I assume there's a good reason behind it even if I don't know what the reason is.

9. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Quote:His latest movie was "Sicko" about the health care system in the US. He has also done movies on gun control, a GM plant that destroyed a town, a few more but I can't think of the names right now.

10. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Songster

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    Quote:His latest movie was "Sicko" about the health care system in the US. He has also done movies on gun control, a GM plant that destroyed a town, a few more but I can't think of the names right now.

Oh, ok-thanks! [​IMG] I guess I don't see how it would be offensive to have an avatar of him...I think some things are read into too much....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: