1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by seminolewind, Mar 25, 2008.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    afriend of mine who's a member here has told me something distressing. It seems that some members took offense to my Michael Moore avatar. He is an advocate for us real people and I admire him. I saw the avatar and used it to show my admiration of the man. However, some people mistook the avatar for something mean . It bothers me that some people always have to think the worst. This avatar of
    Michael Moore was purely that I like the man, and NOTHING MORE. It's a shame that people jump to assume something negative about someone without getting all the facts. I hope you're proud of yourself

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I love Moore and his films. I think maybe I saw your avatar, thought it was fine.

3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    I didnt see it, was it offensive in any way??? Why did you remove it or was it removed for you? I was gonna put a pic of Willie Nelson as mine, but I bet that would offend others so I wont.

4. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    I don't see whats to like about MM. That being said I would not be offended seeing him on an avatar. I say to each their own and live and let live.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  5. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    Don't worry about it Seminolewind. I get complaints about my avatars all the time. I'm sure the staff does as well. I've never been asked to remove one yet. Michael Moore is a GENIUS. Controversy is what sells his movies. He is a welcome breath of fresh air in a world filled with politically correct yoyo's.

6. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Well, in the picture, I did not realize that it looked like he was making a letter L with his hand, and L stands for loser, this boggles my mind.
    Marlinchaser, I would post your Willie Nelson pic, just make sure his hands aren't offensive in any way

7. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    :| Who is Michael Moore? The name sounds really familiar, but I can't place it...

8. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Quote:Thanks, LCRT. I don't find your avatars offensive because when I see them, I assume there's a good reason behind it even if I don't know what the reason is.

9. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Quote:His latest movie was "Sicko" about the health care system in the US. He has also done movies on gun control, a GM plant that destroyed a town, a few more but I can't think of the names right now.

10. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    Quote:His latest movie was "Sicko" about the health care system in the US. He has also done movies on gun control, a GM plant that destroyed a town, a few more but I can't think of the names right now.

Oh, ok-thanks! [​IMG] I guess I don't see how it would be offensive to have an avatar of him...I think some things are read into too much....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by