It's so small who can even tell what it is? Why are people so sensitive here?
The avatars I use on other forums wouldn't go over well here.
sad.png

Maybe they didn't like your Avtar because it looks like a British Flag with the word ANARCHY in the middle of it.
I got this from Googling it and it came from Wikipedia (the free encyclopedia)

Anarchy (from Greek: ἀναρχία anarchía, "without ruler") may refer to any of the following:

"Absence of government; a state of lawlessness due to the absence or inefficiency of the supreme power; political disorder."[1]
"A theoretical social state in which there is no governing person or body of persons, but each individual has absolute liberty (without the implication of disorder)."[2]
"Absence or non-recognition of authority and order in any given sphere."[3]
It should be noted that "ruler," if used in the context of the third bullet point, has no explicit connection to the term "rules." In an anarchy, as defined by the last bullet point, it is possible to have rules (laws), however, these must be agreed upon by the participants in the system, and not imposed from above, by a ruler (leader, authority). Some languages, such as Norwegian[4] have two separate words for the two meanings.

A state of anarchy is the goal of the political philosophy of anarchism(anarchists).

Some people don't like it when others talk about their goverment.

Jayare

For the Mods:
If this is copy right infringement go ahead and take out the definition and others could just Google Anarchy themselves and read it however they interperate it.

I am in NO WAY saying Cheecon's Avitar is offencive. Just guessing what that person who PM them about it may have thought.

Jayare

Last edited:
I know what anarchy means and put it up there not thinking it would be offensive to anyone. I guess i was wrong.
hmm.png

I don't know who Michael Moore is and I didn't see the avatar so you're cool with me.
big_smile.png

IMHO, in the perfect world we shouldn't have avatars that have to deal with politics, religion and especially race. I like chicken and animal avatars and people's photos of themselves. This is only my opinion though.

Micheal Moore is great, I love his films and was ahuge fan of his t.v. show when it was on...which was forever ago.
The avatar was not offensive to me and I thought it was kind of funny.
aaamoore.jpg

that is the "offensive" image.

Cheekon,
No sure why anyone would think yours is offensive either. Union Jack and one simple word...Anarchy. Without anarchy nothing good would have ever happened in the world.

Quote:
Did you throw in the photos of themselves because you realized that yours is not a chicken or an animal ? which of course is a redundant statement because a chicken is an animal, so just pictures of animals or self portraits should be allowed. I think maybe it should just be just chickens and nothing else. I was kicked by a horse and seeing horses offends me, I dont like waterfowl so those offend me, I was bit by a dog, so no dogs. NO SILKIES, just because I dont like them.
he.gif

edited to add: I dont like plants since I dont have a green thumb so those should go too.

Last edited:
another option click PROFILE, Click Display, uncheck the show avatar in posts box. That way you dont have to see avatars that offend you.

Set your options for viewing posts
If you are on a slow connection, disabling these options, particularly showing images in posts and signatures, will make pages load faster.

Show smilies as graphic icons

Show user signatures.

Show user avatars in posts.

Show images in posts.

Show images in user signatures

Edited to add the above lines should have little boxes and the show user avatars posts is not checked.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom