Average ship time Ideal Poultry

Jenwisp

Songster
May 14, 2020
Hudson Valley, NY
I was just trying to get an idea of how long it would take my chicks to get to me from Ideal Poultry. I am in East Durham, NY, 1423.

Hoping people will post with their shipping time so I can plan ahead. Thanks in advance!

The goal with USPS and Live birds is 2 days. I don't know how Ideal's website works, but there should be a "customer service" type phone number you can call with hatchery specific questions though.

I received my chicks from Meyer Hatchery (in Polk, OH) Wednesday morning when they were shipped out on Monday. I live in Eastern Washington, right next to the ID boarder, so it was roughly 2300 miles that they traveled. This whole process of this flock is to teach my kids. So, we mapped out a driving path (google maps did all the work) from our house to the hatchery, it would take us 31 hours of non-stop driving to get there ourselves, so the kids were danged impressed that our little chicks could make the trip in such a short amount of time!

Thank you, guys. My chicks arrived safe and sound! They were supposed to hatch and ship on May 12, but I guess they hatched and shipped the day before. We received them May 13, last thursday.

Our mailman almost took them from the post office out to deliver. I am glad I had hubby call the post office when I got that text message. They never called us when the chicks came in.

Thank you, guys. My chicks arrived safe and sound! They were supposed to hatch and ship on May 12, but I guess they hatched and shipped the day before. We received them May 13, last thursday.

Our mailman almost took them from the post office out to deliver. I am glad I had hubby call the post office when I got that text message. They never called us when the chicks came in.
Glad to hear you got your babies safe and sound! Can't wait to see pictures of fluffy butts!

I always order my birds from Ideal.
They hatch out on Wednesdays and ship Wednesdays. I receive my birds on Thursday morning. Every single time.

They shipped mine Tuesday evening. It was a nice surprise. Also, the lady, Susan, in chat said they won't be carrying barred cochin anymore, so I got one of the last ones.

Back
Top Bottom