Avian Flu hits NJ

You might want to check that news story closely @CKfarm22. I googled bird flu in New Jersey and found a story on a NJ news website reporting on the bird flu detected in Texas. Hopefully that’s what you saw.
7CDF336E-0BF8-4166-A45B-5A9CE316DEFF.jpeg

I did check it closely… and read all of it. The whole point of this thread was how i can prevent my birds from getting it, not getting checked about an article i clearly read about NJ and the avian flu.
https://patch.com/new-jersey/tomsriver/s/i7a6t/bird-flu-nj-what-know-deadly-outbreak?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_term=home+&+garden&utm_campaign=autopost&utm_content=tomsriver&fbclid=IwAR3KPqLPKoVak-RcEs84EbpH-WtPjHeUr41_MDHTLp2goibAzI6Oo-jhZ4Q

View attachment 3053852
I did check it closely… and read all of it. The whole point of this thread was how i can prevent my birds from getting it, not getting checked about an article i clearly read about NJ and the avian flu.
https://patch.com/new-jersey/tomsriver/s/i7a6t/bird-flu-nj-what-know-deadly-outbreak?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_term=home+&+garden&utm_campaign=autopost&utm_content=tomsriver&fbclid=IwAR3KPqLPKoVak-RcEs84EbpH-WtPjHeUr41_MDHTLp2goibAzI6Oo-jhZ4Q
Yes. Check the APHIS site. The 21 ducks in Cape May have been reported on there since February. So far nothing beyond that though I suspect it is lack of monitoring as there is no logical reason why NJ would be spared but not NY.

Yes. Check the APHIS site. The 21 ducks in Cape May have been reported on there since February. So far nothing beyond that though I suspect it is lack of monitoring as there is no logical reason why NJ would be spared but not NY.
Thank you. If it hits NY or even PA, DE any of the surrounding states i’m sure it’ll spread to NJ too.

There are very precise instructions on the Aphis website regarding bio security for your flock. Primarily, keeping your flock in a secure covered coop and run are the first thing to do. Make sure there is no way for any wild birds to make contact with your flock. I only cautioned you about news stories because I’ve run across several that sensationalize cases of the bird flu but can be very misleading. In some locales the animal control officers are being quite vigilant and passing along the current status on the threat in their areas. Unfortunately there are too few that are taking this seriously.

Back
Top Bottom