Avian influenza found in South Carolina

Pics
I apologize, haven't been here in a while and not sure I understand this post AgnesGray.
A backyard flock would be " poultry" or what am I missing here?
Where is that info . from, what exactly is it about ?
Also, and prob. is here somewhere on this site already , but someone just sent me a link about 5 ml. birds in Iowa to be disposed of due to the flu.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending...ns-iowa-be-killed/2QAE2PKRMRA6DONW5GEI5ZTUHE/
I caught that one recently too. APHIS has not updated with it yet.
https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ou...e-information/avian/avian-influenza/hpai-2022

Cases continue to rise...
Just checked the USDA website, for some reason I can't see the flock size box? What am I missing?:p
Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 7.07.08 PM.png

There is only one backyard chicken flock listed. Every other backyard flock is listed as mixed-species. I would guess that would mean some combination of ducks, geese, chickens, guineas, & turkeys? Maybe it’s less apt to show up in chicken flocks because they don’t usually go in water in their yards where wild birds would be stopping, and are more likely to be kept in a run (especially now).

Cases continue to rise...
Just checked the USDA website, for some reason I can't see the flock size box? What am I missing?:p
View attachment 3031609
I looked at it on my phone and had to turn it sideways to see the last column. May need to resize or scroll right to get it to fit maybe?

There is only one backyard chicken flock listed. Every other backyard flock is listed as mixed-species. I would guess that would mean some combination of ducks, geese, chickens, guineas, & turkeys? Maybe it’s less apt to show up in chicken flocks because they don’t usually go in water in their yards where wild birds would be stopping, and are more likely to be kept in a run (especially now).

I looked at it on my phone and had to turn it sideways to see the last column. May need to resize or scroll right to get it to fit maybe?
Thanks! I'll try that.

I just looked up whether cranes can carry AI. Yes, and thousands have died over in Israel, but I'm not sure what species. I looked because we have several around here. I heard them yesterday when I was working out in the garden.
If it makes you feel any better, I did not find any cranes on the APHIS wild bird list.

Back
Top Bottom