Avian influenza found in South Carolina

No new wild or domestic cases since the 14th 🤔 is there some holiday that's delaying the confirmation and release of cases or are we actually having luck?
Juneteenth was on Monday, that could have done it plus the weekend? I have found they have been slacking on updating recently.

Well, if carried to the extreme, that could be good news for backyard chicken keepers and hobby homesteads. They will be the only people in America who are not eating meat imported from Mexico and Brazil. But, I'm not sure if it is a good time to be dismantling our nation's meat production system.
I honestly don't pay too much attention to anything political, so I wouldn't have an opinion on meat production. But, the law suit against mass culling of birds is interesting. Not sure if it will affect backyard flock owners if it is passed, but it is interesting.

I honestly don't pay too much attention to anything political, so I wouldn't have an opinion on meat production. But, the law suit against mass culling of birds is interesting. Not sure if it will affect backyard flock owners if it is passed, but it is interesting.
You need to read the article. It will stop not stop a single bird from being culled. Their idea is that after a disease-forced culling, the factory farm will be forced to a different way of raising the chickens. I'd certainly argue that the birds would be treated somewhat better, but it will definitely reduce output and raise prices.

Back
Top Bottom