Avian influenza?

I've used Ivermectin as a broad spectrum orally for a variety of symptoms in my birds, as well as for what I believed to be mites topically and had success. I personally don't recommend using it as maintenance for fear of creating resistance in my local parasites.
I agree. It’s very tough making that choice, because I would hate to have it lose its effectiveness on the mites.

Well I'm by no means an expert in chicken health, but I've lost two birds to internal issues that ended up with them choking on lets just say a backwash of sludge. Besides what I'm ignorant of I wish I had at least tried enrofloxacin before they couldn't keep anything down.

This hen is the one I’m most worried about. She shows mild interest in food, but then seems to spit up when she bends over too long. She is also the one I noticed with the raspy breathing.
If she's regularly spitting up when bending over and has some raspy breathing, I'd begin by treating the crop. Treat as Sour and Impacted. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Feel her abdomen for bloat or fluid, sometimes hens can have the symptom fluid which is called Ascites, this can also cause raspy breathing - a few illnesses/conditions that go along with Ascites is organ failure/dysfunction (liver/heart, etc.), reproductive disorders (cancer, eyp, internal laying) and sometimes it's seen with fatty liver disease too.

Well I'm by no means an expert in chicken health, but I've lost two birds to internal issues that ended up with them choking on lets just say a backwash of sludge. Besides what I'm ignorant of I wish I had at least tried enrofloxacin before they couldn't keep anything down.
Enrofloxacin— that’s like, Baytril, right? What kind of dosage per pound of chicken?

So she ate some food today, which was nice, and she preceded to poop on my lap. Still some raspiness in her breathing, and her poop is green and white with some yellow. The green is kinda mucusy.
image.jpg

Any ideas?
Just an update. Her eyes and nose and mouth are still clear. She has a bit more of an appetite today and is preening herself and alert. Started singing to me when I went out to see her today. Still a bit raspy in her breathing, but overall I’m seeing improvement. Her poops are more solid today, too. Keep praying for my birdies, please!

Back
Top Bottom