AGG

In the Brooder
Jan 24, 2018
Ive got a new aviary and found out and cant fit it into my backyard. Therefore i have to put it on my concrete floored carport. Im getting finches, doves, canaries and quails in it. What type of flooring would be best put in there for them?

Concrete is easy to wash down and keep clean but you could put down some pine shavings (or sawdust as quail do love to dust bathe) and I've found the finches and my ringneck doves love having staw available to put in their nests. The quail generally make a nest in the straw as well. It'll be your new favourite place to relax I'm sure. :cool:

Concrete is easy to wash down and keep clean but you could put down some pine shavings (or sawdust as quail do love to dust bathe) and I've found the finches and my ringneck doves love having staw available to put in their nests. The quail generally make a nest in the straw as well. It'll be your new favourite place to relax I'm sure. :cool:

Alright thanks

I use seed and sand on my finch aviairy floor as it is kept dry. My parrot aviairy floor is just wooden floor with little bit of grit as it gets a bit wet in there.

Back
Top Bottom