Awesome Australorps -- Because "Medium" Doesn't Mean "Boring"

This is Stormy, one of my Blue Australorps, and (shh!) my favorite. She isn't from Welp, and doesn't have the stunning coloration of @3KillerBs birds, but oh well.
IMG_E2629.JPG

These are my 3 Black Aussies.
IMG_1560.JPG

If I buy any more chicks (versus hatching some mutts), they will definitely be Australorps.

My black Australorps have a little white on them. I will have to post some pics later when i get home and take a few pics

Young birds of the black/blue breeds often have a few white wing feathers until their final juvenile molt just before they reach Point of Lay.

It's not an SOP flaw when they're young but it is a flaw if they retain them in their adult plumage.

This is Stormy, one of my Blue Australorps, and (shh!) my favorite. She isn't from Welp, and doesn't have the stunning coloration of @3KillerBs birds, but oh well.

She's completely charming. :)

I have 2 australorps & think they are lovely! They are still young, under a year old but are at the top of my list. Would def consider having more.
My hen, Patricia, has the kindest eyes and is sweet as pumpkin pie. She has that "mother hen" personality within the flock. I always say if I were to hatch babies, I have my fingers crossed it's her to go broody. I know she'll make a good mama. Wish I had some better pictures of her, she shines so beautifully in the sun. This is an older picture of her, still young. But you can see she just has the sweetest little face! Such beautiful eyes. ❤️
20220713_181309.jpg

My rooster boy, Mayweather, is about perfect as far as doing his job. He is always alert and takes care of the ladies. He's not really people-friendly but that's okay, he's got a job to do and I'm fine with that. He's gorgeous, his green tail feathers shine in the sun. What a hunk! 🖤
20220818_094135.jpg

20220803_191326.jpg

I have 2 australorps & think they are lovely! They are still young, under a year old but are at the top of my list. Would def consider having more.
My hen, Patricia, has the kindest eyes and is sweet as pumpkin pie. She has that "mother hen" personality within the flock. I always say if I were to hatch babies, I have my fingers crossed it's her to go broody. I know she'll make a good mama. Wish I had some better pictures of her, she shines so beautifully in the sun. This is an older picture of her, still young. But you can see she just has the sweetest little face! Such beautiful eyes. ❤️
View attachment 3269025

My rooster boy, Mayweather, is about perfect as far as doing his job. He is always alert and takes care of the ladies. He's not really people-friendly but that's okay, he's got a job to do and I'm fine with that. He's gorgeous, his green tail feathers shine in the sun. What a hunk! 🖤
View attachment 3269009
View attachment 3269028

Just beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom