Awesome CHICKEN VIDEO!! (+ request to help Olivia)

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by SeaChick, May 29, 2008.

1. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Hi everyone!

My daughter, Olivia (Envirogirl11), who successfully campaigned out city to change the zoning law last summer, has a new project .

She entered a national book review contest. The finalists were chosen by the sponsoring library, but the actual winner is chosen by PUBLIC VOTE. If she wins, she gets $1000 in books for her library and $500 in books for herself. Since her school library just lost a massive amount of funding, she would really like to help them out.

Olivia's video is "YOUR CHICKENS, A KIDS GUIDE" and you can watch it and vote for it on the link below. Please vote EVERY DAY from today till next Wednesday. There have been 3 other categotories and all of the winners have organized huge voting campaigns on internet bulletin boards and the like, so this is the only chance she has.

[​IMG] http://www.storytubes.info/vote/final_videos.php [​IMG]

(Personally, I think the videos should be judged on their merit rather than on how organized the kids' parents are, but apparently this is the way its done, so I am trying to help her out!!)

If you would like to pass the link on to any other friends, forums, or anywhere else you think folks might like to vote, please do so. Thank you so much!!

[​IMG] Stacey and Olivia

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Bravo! What a go-getter! You must be very proud [​IMG] Placed my vote and I will do my best to vote each day! [​IMG]

3. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Good Luck to Olivia!! I voted for you!

Lisa [​IMG]

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I will be voting! She seems like such a smart girl! Way to go Olivia! [​IMG]

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    WOW that was a really good video presentation! I even was interested in watching and wanted more!

6. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow! Great! Looks like she's way ahead in the polls! [​IMG] Wish she could come change the town code here in Danville, CA as well!! Way to go!

7. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    [​IMG] I loved it!! It made me smile to watch it and was very interesting!

Great job, Olivia!!!
    [​IMG]

8. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Great job! [​IMG]

I voted and am happy to see that you're winning!

During your acceptance speech make sure to thank all the little people over at BYC! [​IMG]

9. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Fabulous job Olivia!!!!! I voted.

Jacie

10. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Very good! I voted...and I will tomorrow too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by