awesome NEW recipe . . . post your's here :)

KatyTheChickenLady

Bird of A Different Feather
11 Years
Dec 20, 2008
Boise, Idaho
here's mine:

KATY'S GOOD FOR YOU MISO DRESSING
1/2 C mellow white miso paste
1/2 C Water
1/2 C good Olive Oil
1T strong Honey (I used honey from wild Birch Forests)
1T Seasoned Rice vinegar
Whip it up good and chill.

Try not to eat it with a spoon

mix with cooked & chilled noodles (like soba or top ramen), matchstick carrots & fresh peas . . . you could even serve in lettuce cups if you want to get fancy/cool
smile.png

This isn't a new recipe but it's one of my kid's favorites.

Corndogs
This in enough batter for about 6 hotdogs.

1-cup flour
2/3-cup cornmeal
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons oil
1 egg
3/4-cup milk

Remove the hotdogs from the package and roll them up in paper towels to dry them; let them sit in the paper towels while you make the breading. The breading will not stick to wet hotdogs.

Put the hot dogs on a Popsicle sticks

Mix the ingredients together. Place the batter in a tall glass; the batter will be thick.

Dip the hotdogs in the batter and fry at 375°. Cook two corndogs at a time, rolling the corndogs against one another to cook evenly on all sides.

Cook until golden brown; drain on paper towels.

Enjoy!
Howtomakecorndogs002small.jpg

Howtomakecorndogs007small.jpg

Howtomakecorndogs012small.jpg

I hope you enjoy the corn dogs. Here is another one of my kids favorite recipes.

Pizza Loaf
Make 2

Dough
2 heaping tablespoons white sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/2 stick margarine (chopped up)
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1-1/2 cups scalded milk
2 large eggs – plus 1 egg yolk beaten
1/3 cup cool water
6-1/2 cups bread flour
3 teaspoons yeast
1 egg – plus 1-tablespoon water beaten for egg wash

Place in bread machine in order listed and select the dough cycle.

Filling
1 – 8 ounce can tomato paste
1 large onion, sliced – caramelized
1 bell pepper, sliced – caramelized
1 – 8 ounce package mushrooms, sliced - caramelized
Garlic salt
Italian Seasonings
Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese
oil to coat pan

I just cook all the veggies in the same pan together, cook down until you get most if not all the moisture out of the veggies.

Divide dough into 2 pieces and roll out like you are making cinnamon rolls.
Spread half of the tomato paste on each piece of the bread dough like you were spreading peanut butter on a sandwich and sprinkle it with garlic powder, Italian seasonings and Parmesan cheese, Mozzarella cheese, and veggies. Rolled it up and baked it at 350° for 1 hour.

PizzaLoaf002.jpg

PizzaLoaf001.jpg

Quote:
Yes, you must cook the sausage first then let them cool completely before you do the batter thing. The cooking time for the corn dog is not long enough to cook a sausage through. American hot dogs are full cooked when you buy them, frying the corn dog heats the meat but it isn't enough to safely cook all the way through.

We eat our corn dogs dipped in mustard with some French fried potatoes on the side. Now I'm hungry...
lol.png

thanks BettyR your a star
wink.png

Quote:
Yes, you must cook the sausage first then let them cool completely before you do the batter thing. The cooking time for the corn dog is not long enough to cook a sausage through. American hot dogs are full cooked when you buy them, frying the corn dog heats the meat but it isn't enough to safely cook all the way through.

We eat our corn dogs dipped in mustard with some French fried potatoes on the side. Now I'm hungry...
lol.png

Ok, I'm going to use the corn dog recipe for sure. My bf always wants junk food, but organic and healthy versions...corn dogs are just not on the list usually. We have a favorite "hot dog" that is made from bison meat and I think for fun, I'll use organic blue cornmeal for the batter. They'll make some crazy looking corn dogs! Thanks for sharing your recipe!!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom