1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cold Broccoli Salad Recipe - Like @ Wal Mart Deli

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Red Barn Farms, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland

I always have to get a lb. of this when I'm at Wal-Mart and stop by the Deli Dept. I think it's rather expensive though at nearly $5.00 a lb. I finally found a recipe and made it. It tastes exactly the same. I can almost eat the whole bowl of this!

Broccoli Salad Recipe

Yields: 6 servings

Ingredients

5 cups fresh chopped broccoli
    1 pound bacon - cooked and crumbled
    1 cup golden raisins
    1 cup mayonnaise
    1/2 cup white sugar
    2 tablespoons white wine
    vinegar (or plain white vinegar)
    1 red onion, chopped
    1 cup sunflower seeds nuts

Directions

Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside.
    In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, bacon, onion, nuts and raisins. Whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour dressing over broccoli mixture, toss and refrigerate.
    This tastes just like the Broccoli salad sold at Super Wal-Mart deli's

NOTE: I added 1/2 C. shredded carrots and 3/4 C. grated cheddar cheese to mine.

1 person likes this.
  2. math ace

math ace Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing!
    [​IMG]

3. Striker911

Striker911 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    Just got back from shopping and bought over a pound. This is all I had to eat today. Have been trying to find this for a while now. Thanks a million [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by