AWWWW of the day! (hedgehog getting a bath)

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww is right! Where does one get a hedgehog???
love.gif

Quote:
The only way you can get a hedgehog is to find a breeder. We currently breed hedgehogs.

I reccomend that you find a breeder from the breeder list at the Hedgehog Breeders Alliance. They are a nice group of people.

I promise you, they are a great investment! Much better than all the hampsters, guinie pigs, and likewise creatures ive had. No horrible smell, unique, and possibly the cutest things on the earth (besides baby chicks!)

Edited to say that while sometimes you can find them at petstores, DO NOT buy them from petstores. They usually have just bought from breeders, and even if they have, they will probably, most likely NEVER socialize them properly - which means the hedgehogs wont be good pets for the unexperienced owner, or for children. Further more, they usually dont even care for the poor things correctly.

Last edited:
Quote:
Of course you can!
big_smile.png

Their quills aren't barbed like a porcupines - in fact, they aren't related to porcupines at a all. Their quills are only sharp if they have them raised, and you knowlingly try to poke them.

The quills are actually quite smooth - and the feeling is nice on the palm of your hand when you pet their quills if they are laid straight down. When they have their quills raised, they feel like a coarsh brush. Their underbellies are VERY VERY soft - and so are their faces - and my raphie boy usually likes to have his forehead rubbed.

Back
Top Bottom