1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Awwwwwwww!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by RoosterRehab97, Jan 17, 2010.

1. RoosterRehab97

RoosterRehab97 Chillin' With My Peeps

My poor roos! I've got two RIR Roos in my backyard, and Its raining gallons, but they just refuse to go inside the little coop. They look sad and pathetic just standing at the glass door waiting for us the let them in. They're all wet, droopy, and bedraggled. I wish I could do something.

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Just let 'em in! [​IMG]

3. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    They should be fine .. They are just trying to pity you into letting them in... So they can raid the fridge, take a nap in your bed, then poop on the way back out....

4. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    First time I saw my girls wet, I wanted to cry.. I went and got the scale and weighed them...They looked so skinny and much to my surprise like small rag-dolls... But they have a beautiful dry coop and they will stay out and free range rather than go inside... I agee===It's a pity party, at your door.. LOL

5. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    They are fine. lol my chickens will do that too, but you may be surprised, some of my chickens love water.

6. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    go in the rain and get'em ... [​IMG]

7. Quote:poor roos, well, i'm getting some this late Aprill! can't wait! i've never had chickens before!

8. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    just open that door and let em come and play in the house lol

9. specklesmom

specklesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Texas
    Let them in! Get an old towel and the hair dryer and have a party!!

10. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Do NOT fall for this! It is indeed an attempt to play on your finer nature! [​IMG] And by the sounds of it, you're about to give in to their evil plot! Just say NO! [​IMG]

Yeah, my girls do that too. For the life of me, I don't get it! They have this beautiful warm snugly coop with a heat lamp and everything, insulated too...and what do these silly birds do? Wander around in a driving rain all day with temps nearing the point of it snowing! [​IMG] They're brain damaged, I swear! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by