Ayam Cemani!!!! Anyone know where I can buy an Ayam Cemani?

Come get mine. I have two roosters and four hens; they're striking but I'm over it. The eggs are small and ordinary. In order to propagate the "correct" type, you have to be merciless in culling chicks with pink toes and, after they've got a few weeks or months of growth on them, culling any with gray or white feathering, mulberry combs or wattles, or yellow mouths/tongues, etc. Anything other than inky black, anywhere.

As second concern, culling older birds is wasteful because the skin, meat, bones and organs are also fibeomelanistic. Not black but extremely unappetizing shades of gray. I culled a few early on and ended up cooking and feeding them to our dogs.

I don't cull anymore and one of my roosters has mulberry comb and wattle, and one of my hens has lightly feathered legs. She's in my main flock and lays one small, kinda round, lightly tinted egg per day.

One of our average size AC eggs next to one of our medium eggs chosen at random from a carton on the countertop. There are larger eggs in the carton.
I liked the novelty of the Ayam Cemanis but the reality rachets the overall experience down several notches. The eggs are about the size of my Silkie hen's egg (I have one; I bought out a batch of leftover chicks at Orsheln or TSC or Atwood's).
IMG_20211203_025717617.jpg

Hi There!!

We breed Quality Ayam Cemani out near Gresham.

Attachments

• AC2.jpg
    AC2.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 17
  • All 5 Ayem Cemanis.jpg
    All 5 Ayem Cemanis.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 14
  • gray tongue.jpeg
    gray tongue.jpeg
    217.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Selene1.jpg
    Selene1.jpg